It can be submitted by foreign nationals, who have completed 7 (seven) years of legal residence in Cyprus are eligible to apply for Citizenship. In cases of aliens who are either parents or children of Cypriot citizens the time required is 5 (five) years instead of 7 (seven).
In both cases, the applicant must have resided legally and continuously in Cyprus during the 12 (twelve) months prior the date of the application.
Upon Submission of Application you need the following accompanying documents:
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant
- Marriage certificate
- Copies of all the pages of all the passports of the applicant showing his/her arrivals and departures in Cyprus
- Detailed statement of arrivals and departures completed by the applicant
- Copies of newspaper advertisements in two consecutive publications which report that the applicant has filed an application for naturalization.
- Two passport size photographs
PLEASE NOTE that all public documents issued abroad must:
a) bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.
b) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or
- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited to Cyprus